Bowl of noodles – Nan Zhou Hand Drawn Noodle House
Charcuterie – Royal Boucherie
Chinese – Han Dynasty*
Cider – Kurant
Coffee shop – ReAnimator Coffee (Master St.)
Decadent breakfast – Sausage Roll at Cake Life
Dessert – Slice of cake @ Cake Life
Falafel – Liberty Choice
Gay Bar – U-Bar
Good Cocktail in a Quiet Place – New Liberty Distillery
Grocery Store Beer – Bar @ KCFC
Greater calorie lunch than I deserve on a workday – Matt & Marie’s
Hoagie – Castellino’s
Italian – Le Virtu (this list is city only, but Andiario is a real contender)
Mexican – South Philly Barbacoa
Pizza to share with friends – In Riva
Pub Grub – Cook & Shaker
Restaurant – Royal Boucherie
Shawarma – Al-Amana Grocery Store
Single Dish – Squid Salad at Aether
Sushi ala carte – Kisso
Susi omakase – Da-Wa
Thai – Kalaya
Wine Tasting – Pen & Pencil
*The food here is so good. The last time I was there, I was expecting to meet a friend. She did not show, because she died in her house that day. I’ve not returned to Han Dynasty and I am not sure when I will.
I am in to day 2. Really nothing to extreme. It tends to help out that I eat out on the weekends, so it is pretty easy to direct my attention to vegan friendly places to eat.
We ordered a pizza from Pizza Brain. It was great. Actually we got 2 pizzas, due to a mix up. One had arugula and Daiya cheese on it and one was just sauce. I would forego the faux-cheese from here on out. The plain pizza was awesome. Next time it will be a plain pizza with arugula.
I also went shopping today. I got lots of fruits and nuts and vegan friendly things.
- Roasted pepper sandwich
- Hummus and
I started Vegan February today. Things are going well. Here is what I ate.
- Fresh Fruit
- Banana and Apple
- Granola Bar
We went to Vedge and pigged out. Everything here is vegan and it is all incredible. Here are the dishes that we split.
- Scarlet Turnip “Home Fries” – black kale, whipped sesame
- Sweet Potato “Fondue” – roasted purples & hammons, grilled bread
- Nebrodini Mushroom “Fazzoletti” – roasted grape tomato, olive oil, basil
- Roasted maitake mushroom – celery root fritter, smoked leek remoulade
- Grilled seitan – creamy parsnips, red wine onions, mustard crumbs, green olive
- Funky kimchee stew – charred broccoli, pickled tofu, togarashi
- Winter squash pierogies – hedgehog mushrooms, madeira, hazelnut picada
- Cheesecake – meyer lemon marmalade, clementine juice, hazelnuts
- Turnovers – whipped candied sweet potato, sweet kraut & cream